Sunday, February 13, 2011

One Wagyu Sunday

It's Sunday today, the ultimate cheat day for dieters. My family did not disappoint, eating like it was a feast for kings. The highlight of lunch today with extended family was pizza from Yellow Cab. Oh garlic and shrimp and 4 cheese pizza, simple (but fatty fast food) pleasures in life. They had it sliced in criss-cut bite-sized chunks, which is always an enjoyable and relatively guilt-free way of eating pizza. Eating in slices always limits me just to two to three pieces (and I want to try everything!)  


Mom went to the Chefs on Parade event yesterday and brought home some frozen goodies namely prime grade Wagyu Steak (P4,300/kilo or approximately 10 small-medium steaks) and Hamachi (P1,900 for 3 cuts). Quite pricey actually, so it was a good thing the food was delicious! My brother, M brought home crabs from Clawdaddy and there was also homemade kare-kare with bagoong. Eating, commence! 


The Wagyu steak was deliciously and sinfully marbled with steak fat and flavor. Soft, juicy and best taken with our favorite Japanese steak sauce (I'd tell you the name but I can't read Japanese. We just call it The Japanese Steak Sauce). The hamachi practically melted in my mouth, its texture was so smooth and velvety. Clawdaddy Szechuan-style crabs + crabs in olive and garlic had us cracking and snacking all its finger-licking-goodness. 


 
 
 

I am so full. But it's a good kind of full.